On Saturday, my sweet little babe turned 1 year old. Oh geez.
While I was holding her yesterday, I started thinking about all the little things I’ve learned about our little peanut over our time with her.
- She loves to be held… but she hates to be touched. If I touch her arm or leg, she will pull away faster than a speeding bullet, but she will stand and be held for hours.
- She has absolutely no desire to help feed herself, unless it is a carb of some sort (toast, pancakes, grilled cheese).
- Which makes me believe that there will never be a time in her life where she goes on the Akin’s Diet.
- She will almost certainly always have tummy troubles and I wish I could fix it.
- She will be funny in the sense that she can do something intentionally, laugh for 1 second and move on while everyone else is still laughing, which makes it funnier.
- It takes a lot to make her laugh… a lot.
- I foresee broken bones in her future. Girl is fearless. (I say as she dives off the couch headfirst while giggling.)
- Bottom teeth do not always come in first. Sometimes, you get a top “fang” as your first (and only) tooth.
- Having 2 kids is so much harder than I ever realized… and so much more rewarding that I could have thought.
- We got off easy with our first babe… and I understand just how easy now. Baby girl is hard, but loving, work
- She has a temper. Make sure there’s nothing breakable around when you tell her no.
- Our house will never be quiet again.
- She enjoys torturing me with her “Dada”s, “Coey”s, and “uh oh”s.. but no Mama… and when prompted, she will intentionally chant “Dada.. Dada”
- … but I’m the only one who gets kisses.
Here are some of my favorite pics over the last week. Happy Birthday Baby!
263 total views, 2 views today